Hi All

rgmwa

I joined months ago but only posted once or twice and TAA just sent me a reminder that they hadn't seen me since, so I thought I should say hello officially. I had my first lesson in January with RACWA at Jandakot, and should be going for my GFPT in the next couple of weeks. I'm an engineer by profession, so flying isn't a career move - just something I always wanted to do ever since I read my first Biggles book. Now that the kids have left home, I've finally got the opportunity to have a go, and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's both fun and challenging and there's a lot to learn. Even people at work are interested in what I'm doing, and it's pretty satisfying knowing that you're part of the 0.01 percent of the world's population (according to my instructor) that are allowed to fly a plane solo. Looking forward to getting my PPL eventually, but first things first. The weather looks good here in Perth today, and I'm off to Jandakot again shortly.

Cheers

Robert

rgmwa

P.S. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced noise cancelling headset?

Guest Darren Masters

G'day Robert and welcome to the forums. Good to have you here 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif In regards to the headsets try the BOSE noise cancelling ones but be prepared, they are not cheap. I think it is safe to say you are looking at 1k for the real good ones but they have others too. Again, welcome.

Guest airsick

Hi Robert,

Take a look at the Lightspeed Zulu headsets as well. I have a pair of these as well as the Bose and find them both very good. Both sets are comfortable, work well and are easy to use. The Zulu's are a little cheaper and also have bluetooth so (in my opinion) they are a little better in terms of value. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Cheers.