ULPower Engines... Never heard of these before

winsor68

Guest Michael Coates

Been around for about 4 years owned by a Belgium person from memory who spent 10 years in Melbourne. They look the part but i haven't seen any market penetration in the past 3 years so it makes you wonder, if they were really good every one would have one ??

• 1 year later...

I'm also interested in this Engine as well. It seems like a great alternative to the Rotax & Jabiru engines with its FADEC engine controls for both Power & Fuel economy. Its very popular in Europe but poorly promoted in USA although a new distributor there may make some inroads as a few light Aircraft builders are now installing & testing them...Pity they don't have an agency in Oz.! I'd love to put one in a RV-12 one day!

Guest Michael Coates

They are still around and kicking, just made a new 6 cylinder version, its SO HARD to get any feedback on the engines from owners ?? I wish they would say a little more about the engines in operation. It could be the worlds best kept secret.

• 5 months later...
Pity they don't have an agency in Oz.! I'd love to put one in a RV-12 one day!

They do have a distributor in Australia - Aerosport who are also marketing the BRM Aerosport Aero Bristell. Have been advertising UL engines in the RAAus Sport Pilot Mag for a few months now...........

Edit: I really like what I've read about these

Guest Darren Masters

Max Clear here in NZ has been manufacturing Bantams of late with the UL engines. Have not heard anything negative and folks seem quite happy with them. Shall find out more shortly.

Guest Darren Masters

A bit of topic now (sorry) but I'll be doing an interview shortly with Max Clear and all will be published here at TAA. Unfortunately Max is not well at the moment and I'm unable to conduct any sort of interview with him at the moment.

Hi sorry i have to apologise to the forum for my coments regarding the UL engines the statement shouldnt have been made specially from hearing information third hand. With regards to the twisters there are two kits floating around ballarat.

Fair enough gtrmatt - that said if you really want to start an argument amongst homebuilders, toss Viking and the previous Eggenfellner conversions into the conversation;).

I've only read about the ULPower engines and they certainly sound promising, far as I'm concerned we as pilots and aircraft owners can only be winners if there is greater competitive pressure on the existing manufacturers to innovate and keep costs down.

• Like 1