Aircraft Identification Help Please

FlyBaby

Hi fellow and gal sky junkies,

On page 21 of the May edition of the Recreational Aviation Australia magazine, there is an aircraft parked between a Jabiru and what looks like a Brumby. Can someone identify the name of that aircraft please. It looks very interesting.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Guest Glenn

are you able to scan the photo and post it here as there's not many of us who are RAA pilots with access to the magazine?

Guest David C

I don't think it's an RV machine .. It has the cockpit profile of a Europa , but I don't think it is one , and the undercart of a KR2 , but I don't think it's one of those either .. Any more suggestions ?

Dave C

Guest David C

After looking at the Europa website I agree , it sure does look like a Europa . The undercart configuration puzzled me . Usually the tail dragger version has a monowheel undercarriage , this one sports a normal tail dragger rig ..

Dave C

• 9 months later...

Geez louise, things are quiet in here - is that an echo I hear?

Found an online ad for a Europa "converted from monowheel to conventional undercarriage" so it seems the ID was good. The original has a quirky appeal but I believe ground handling is a little "different" too, so not a bad idea - I've never quite been able to warm to the looks of the tri gear, a bit tubby about the middle or something?