Grounded of Canberra

mnewbery

Hello team,

I'm one of the people who is effectively grounded in Canberra after the 30 April closing of Brindabella arilines flight school. I took up flying elsewhere as did others from Canberra. I am interested in hearing from anyone who lives in Canberra and still likes to fly.

Guest airsick

Hey there. I currently fly from Canberra and can understand your frustration at the last flying schools closure. It must be annoying to have to travel interstate to learn to fly! Are you aware that there is a group called the CRAA that is trying to get an alternative airfield established to cater to the sport and recreational flyers out there (GA, RAA, trikes, etc.). We are hoping that this will provide a lower cost option for flying schools that makes the ACT a competitive location to train new pilots.

So far the Government has been quite receptive to our proposal and we have just released a new report showing that demand does exist and that it is worth looking into some more. You can read more about the report and the CRAA at - http://craa.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10:secondary-airfield-study&catid=2:newsflash

Cheers,

Mick.

I am already a CRAA member. I downloaded and read the report. Currently I still need to cross the state border to get a GA PPL(A) licence and I do that regularly. Any suggestions on how to get flight training without leaving ACT would be most appreciated