Charlton State School Spring Fair

Scottw

G'day all seeking help with a couple of things,

I have been in full swing of organising a Spring Fair for the Charlton State School just 7 minutes west of Toowoomba QLD set for October 16 2010 and I am seeking expressions of interest from any folk who Fly or knows of anyone who may help in these areas-

1 - Gyro's in the Toowoomba region who might be able to place it on static display at the Spring fair to promote your aspect of aviation

2 - A Glider owner from Toowoomba who also maybe able to place their aircraft on static Display

3 - Any one in the Toowoomba region who is building an ultralight aircraft who maybe able to also bring it along to show off your handy work and promote this aspect of aviation

4 - Micro light along the lines of an XT 912 to static Display

As I am directly involved in the organising of the event I was going to make sure Aviation was involved. I am wanting to get some of he guys to promote their aspect of aviation, particularly to an audience that would more than likely have never been exposed to these aspects of aviation or indeed aviation in general!

I have the Queensland Vintage Aeroplane Group - Australian flying Museum guys coming with some stuff and a few museum items and to do a bit of promoting of the Amberely RAAF Museum as well and also the Spitfire restoration guys from Oakey are coming across with items of interest and for what its worth I am going to put a few Aviation photos on display as well so I reckon have a Gyro, Homebuilt Ultralight/LSA and Glider on display would be almost covering a number of bases

The P&C will be Raffling a 20 Minute flight in a Tiger Moth from our wonderful supporters Darling Downs Tiger Moths/Darling Downs Aero Club

Added to this there could be the possibiltity of a tiger Moth making an appearence a couple of times through the day and a Warbird verberating the air in the area too, who knows what the day may bring. But as I mentioned earlier I wanted to use the opportunity to expose aviation to an audience that has never had the opportunity to see the different aspects of aviation. Who knows, one of these young people might just be bitten with the aviation bug and harness a keen interest in aviation, the future of aviation needs young people getting interested today!

Also The usual stuff at a School fair will be there as well. The day is getting closer with a lot left to do. So again if anyone can help in the regard of a Gyro, Sport/Ultralight and Glider for static display I would love to hear from you

Kindest Regards

Scott