Hi

Lyn

Thanks Dazza, Im going to sit the RA-Aus pre-solo, pre-certificate air legislation test on Saturday after my lesson. (so much to remember!). It will be great to get it out of the way though. Will let you know how I go.

I passed my exam (92%) and did 4 landings without my instructor taking over at all !!! What a great morning.

Hope you guys dont mind me telling you all of this. When you talk to people that dont fly, they have no idea how exciting or how hard things are.

Next exam is the flight radio endorsement. Then BAK.

Wonderful Lyn, Congrats from a non flyer (who has plans for doing it one day), who is enjoying following your adventure, and is also enjoying the support you are receiving from other members.

Keep doing what you are doing - Having Fun. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

It is really great fun Pete, and once you start flying you become very addicted to it. Something funny to tell you all. Occassionally when I taxi down the runway there is a crow that tries to attack the jabiru. He dive bombs it from behind and only just misses the prop. He never does it to any other plane and only does it when you taxi, not on take off. One day he is going to end up in the prop!!!!

Guest just Mal

Hi. Just back from my lesson this morning and while I am still doing things that are wrong during my landings, my instructor started our ground school session with " What we are going to do after your first solo is ... "

and when talking to someone that had came in for a Tif. "...the feeling you get after your first solo will keep you smiling for a week." and looked at me . So thats whats up next for you too.

I still find myself looking too close if things are not as they should be when I get into ground effect, and it only makes things worse. also today i was not using enough elevator and landing flat. Better next week.

Hares running across the runway, a helicopter flying a low level survey and a tractor mowing the strip alongside the runway were todays issues, no crows but we have pelicans nearby.

happy landings

Mal

Guest Chainsaw
...there is a crow... One day he is going to end up in the prop!!!!

That's funny Lyn :)

Onya Mal, sounds like lots of fun there.

Fly safe you two :)

I passed my exam (92%) and did 4 landings without my instructor taking over at all !!! What a great morning. Hope you guys dont mind me telling you all of this. When you talk to people that dont fly, they have no idea how exciting or how hard things are.

Next exam is the flight radio endorsement. Then BAK.

Top Stuff, Lyn.

Guest just Mal

Hi Lyn

crazy Crow 80 h.p. trim. Bet he won't be flying too near for a while.

Last week my instructor hardly touched the controls. Even when I messed up it was up to me to fix it. I went on to the grass a bit once and he just waited for me to add right rudder, Get straight and setup the take off.

During the climb out he would explain what I did and what I should do and my flying faults.

Its helping my self confidence quite a bit to know I can handle the good bad and the ugly (sort of) and its important because I suspect if I handle my landings safely Monday, he will step out and say do one on your own.

If not this week, it will be next week as he has been dropping hints.

As soon as he thinks my landings are safe its on for sure.

Happy Landings

Mal

Hey, thats great! Im not sure if i'll be scared or happy to take off on my own first time, you will have to let me know how it goes. I still have to do forced landings first I think. Hopefully Monday is a really nice day for you too.

We all had a great weekend at our aeroclub for the fly in and the weather was good. I got to have a fly of a EuroFox and thought it was really nice, alot more expensive than the Jabiru. We had a sky diving company that came for the weekend and on Sunday the pilot had dropped the jumpers out and was coming back to land but crashed the cessna into the paddock (full of water and grass) short of the runway. It broke the nose wheel off and the prop dug into the ground and bent. We think he ran out of fuel. Anyhow, it's still there waiting to be checked and moved.

Hope you have a great lesson today Mal if you are still going. Hope you get to go solo!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Havent had a chance to get online for a while. Was wondering how you are going with your lessons Mal. Hope things are good and youve been able to get a few more lessons in. I passed my radio exam today and only have the BAK one to do now, looking forward to having them out of the way.

Cheers

lyn

Guest just Mal

Hi, flying tomorrow (friday) for the first time in over a fortnight. Have had a really bad cold and been really thick mentally with it and no strength and laryngitis. I set off the security alarm at CFS (volluntry Country fire service) and kept trying to put my visa card code in to shut it down. better off on the ground I think.

I will need tomorrow just to get comfortable and get some feel back.

You are just charging ahead with your training, great stuff.

Cheers Mal

Hey Mal

Thats not good that you have the flu, I was wondering what had happened to you because you were on a role and I hadnt heard from you for a while. Well I bet you do one circuit and you will be back into it again, a fortnight feels like ages between lessons though doesnt it. Hope friday is a great day for you, you'll have a great time.

Cheers

lyn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest just Mal

getting back into the grove Lyn. Fitted eight circuits into the hour including one glide approach and 2 Full flap approaches. Going again Friday and hope to solo then, so we can move on to the BAK etc.

had a couple of days on the CFS truck again this week due to floods at Two Wells & Mt. Torrens (nth & NE) of Adelaide, still have a cough but my brain is again functional. Just need a little more elevator in Hold-off so I don't land flat. He (my CFI) has one aircraft in the hanger which he is repairing for a customer which had a nose gear failure and was heading out the door to assess a 230 which is upside down in a wheat crop. So fixing my elevator work is really important to me! (and to a passenger when I get that far).

Fly safe .

Mal

Hey Mal

Glad your feeling better. Great news that your back into it, I havent done the glide approaches etc yet. I think I have to do that next lesson. I cant wait to hear how your 1st solo goes, I think when its my turn I will be really really nervous. I am probably sitting my BAK next week, I'll have that out of the way before I go solo by the looks of it. Im applying for a scholarship to cover the expenses of my navs, and it has to be handed in by january. One of the requirements is to have passed all exams. They dont mention who has won it until May 2011, so I should be safe to say that I'll have my licence by then, as that is the other requirement. Well Im sure your elevator work will go fine and you will have passengers in there before you know it!!

Cheers

Lyn

p.s. you must be busy with work, flying and going to floods etc

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, Hope everyone had a great christmas and were safe from those floods. Hows your flying going Mal. I cant wait until you go solo so you can tell me all about it.

I passed my BAK and did my first lesson of emergency landings last week.

I got some good photo's of the flood at Grafton.

Cheers

Lyn

1340680716_graftonfloodfromair006.jpg.bab63206765241d0f27b84c4f848fe04.jpg

The definition of a landing as I understand it is " a controlled crash into terrain".

It sometimes is a frustrating process and no two landings will be the same, you will work on it for the rest of your flying life.

Never a truer word spoken.....

...oh, and by the way, a successful landing in a balloon is referred to as a "controlled accident" 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif.

Coop

• 2 weeks later...
Guest just Mal

well I have hit the dreaded no more cash for flying wall!

So for now It's a spectator sport for me until I can earn some more.

I had hoped to get through to being licensed by now and I hate leaving it unfinished.

My instructor says I should be able to jump back in again without any problems, so thats some sort of

consolation, but I shall miss the flying for now.

Enjoy your flying and fly safe.

Mal

Even those of us with our own aircraft run into similar hold-ups. I'm mothballing "Dorothy" for some maintenance that I can't put off any more- new top and bottom cowlings need to be made, new exhaust stacks need to be made, new instrument panel, and a few other bits and pieces that I have been putting off for just such an occasion.

In this corner, it's not so much the lack of $'s as I'll do a lot of the work myself under supervision, but the lack of time to do the work... :-(

Coop

Im in the same situation at the moment Mal. I passed BAK and did one lesson of emergency landings and now Im waiting to get back to work as I have run out of money also. I havent flown for a month, it feels like forever. Im a casual teacher, therefore have just had school xmas holidays with no pay for 2 months.

Anyway, we shall get back into it when we can. Im sure you wont forget what you have learnt.

Cheers

lyn