RAAF Lancaster Gunsight

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of information on an old WW2 gun sight that I'd like to get working again.

It's a Reflector Gunsight MK111A, an RAAF model which appears identical to the RAF version. From what I can find out, they were used in FN-20 tail turrets, FN-20 mid upper turrets, FN-5 nose turrets & FN-21 lower turrets on Lancasters as well as others such as the Wellington.

They appear to have been used early in the war until replaced by the gyro sight, although this one has written on it 'Australian Optical Co., Ltd. 1944 ', so perhaps they were still being used somewhere at that date. The identification no. is E22/1588, RAAF serial no. K353. Any information on how to operate it would be appreciated.

I'm assuming it's 24v, have only hooked it up to 12v & nothing happened, the bulb would probably be blown & I haven't opened it up yet. It has a night/day dimmer switch on the side & a spring loaded push button underneath which I can't find any information on. I was thinking it must project a cross-hair on the lens when everything is working ok. It sat in a box for years & was only when a friend was telling me the story of his grandfather bailing out of a Wellington over Italy & being taken prisoner, that it was decided to try & get it working again.

The photos are not mine & are of a similar British RAF sight.

[ATTACH]658.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]659.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]660.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]661.vB[/ATTACH]

797829910_sight4.jpg.ae0e5e90140f63799b54d94d73d1d4ef.jpg