Kasperwing??

Hi cd, just Googled Kasperwing and found quite a few sites, all in USA. Did this plane ever have a following in Oz? It looks like the top half of the Sunny Boxwing, which is probably the better bet. There is a video somewhere in the forum which shows it off quite well ( the Boxwing )

Safe flying Doug

Guest ozzie

I have checked some membership lists from the old MAFA and did not find any Kasperwing pilots. But i did hear of one in Victoria some where. There were a few importers of these types in Vic. Eagles Quicks and SE5 type replicas ect.

When it were first released it created a fair bit of interest by flying inside the Houston Astrodome and could apparently fly backwards on the stall point.

Like most early Rag and Tube u/ls, it still has a large following in the USA.

regards ozzie

• 1 year later...
Guest Maj Millard

Saw one demonstrated and flying a lot at an early UL meet in 84 at Phoenix AZ. (The Great Arizona Air Race !) pilot sort of sat prone with a nice wheel type control, very small engine, possibly a 3 cyl Konig.The wing tip profile was the big secret and the way the air flowed off the tip affected the whole wing. Said to be capable of a fully controlled vertical or near vertical descent to the ground. (safely !). Conditions were a big factor though, and I only saw a demonstrated descent of about 45 deg because it was pretty windy out there in the desert. It was pretty impressive though. I have no doubt that it would of done what they claimed. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

G'day Desky, Just looked at some Kasperwing photos on the net and they all seem to be sitting normally. The guy I saw who might have been a company demo pilot, sat in a hunched position, sort of like a squat with his legs under him. Similar to taking a cxxx in the bush type -position. It looked reasonably comfortable at the time !. See ya Ross 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif PS they just had a sling for a seat.

• 1 year later...
Guest ozzie

I had a good look at one at airventure 08, weightshift for pitch? had a brand new engine on it kawasaki twin i think. owner said you could still buy every thing for them. with talk of old scouts pegases, kasper wings, do i see a resurgance in the good ol days coming?