Rathmines Seaplane Splash-in 5th of November

Barefootpilot

Rathmines Seaplane splash-in reminder 5th of November – Roulettes Attending!

The 5th of November is less than two weeks away now and the final touch’s are being put together for the festival and splash-in.

This year looks bigger and better than the last with more activities more flying and more fun planned. The Roulettes will flying a display at approximately 1330 and then returning to the festival to sign autographs and talk with the public plus we will have the Tiger Moth fly past, aerobatics and lots more scheduled all day.

Scenic flights will also be available in a DHC-2 Beaver from 10am.

Flying Competition

As part of the splash in a spot landing and mooring accuracy competition will be held starting at 1115 (registration will open at 10:00 and close at 11:00) Prizes for accuracy will be awarded and best presented aircraft. Phil Dulhunty will provide his C-180 and Sydney Seaplanes will have a DHC-2 Beaver available for use for the competition (there will be a currency requirement for aircraft hire) There will also be prizes for best presented aircraft.

Entry for the competition will be $25 and all money will go to the Catalina foundation.

Barefoot.

Guest BlackRod

Really looking forward to it. I've been in previous years and it is always a lot of fun. Taking my grandson this year and it should be a great day for us both.

Hope you get the best of weather - it can be quite variable this time of year. Most predictable weather is mid to late Autumn.

You do know don't you David, that even though it's a C185, when it's on floats, it hasn't got a tail wheel? Well, not one that works, that is....

What the ... bugga ... they are my favourite wheels ... LOL

BTW SA, you haven't seen my hold offs, they fit tail wheels to C172s and C182s just for me ... ROFL.

What the ... bugga ... they are my favourite wheels ... LOLBTW SA, you haven't seen my hold offs, they fit tail wheels to C172s and C182s just for me ... ROFL.

I heard that Bruce told Tecnam about you and I, and that's why they've put tailskids on their aircraft.

• Like 1