Competition Time

Spin

I was going through a file of photos I'd collected of various aviation incidents and mishaps - wondered whether any of you wanted to hazard a guess at "where, what and how" they ended up where they did.

1.[ATTACH]827[/ATTACH] 2.[ATTACH]828[/ATTACH] 3.[ATTACH]829[/ATTACH] 4.[ATTACH]830[/ATTACH]

ATT03570.jpg.505de9db2e4da44bfa7eb033a909a010.jpg

First picture Happened here on the Gold Coast when a Cessna Flipped after hitting a Sand Bank . Third picture is a RANS which from memory, the wing strut failed just after a Flick roll.Or something along those lines.The other 2 piccys, I have no idea.

Guest Michael Coates

Picture 4 looks like a Jumbo Jet bediwin camp in the desert.... Lets all gather around in the shade and drink....

Yup, no 1 is VH-ELQ that went a over k off South Stradbroke after a stray crabpot caused driver distraction,

no 2 is a SAAF Museum Shakelton that went down in the Sahara at night en route to the UK and eventually Oshkosh in about '94, the wreck including 4 x RR Griffons, is apparently still largely intact thanks to the remote location,

no 3 is a Rans S-10 that lost a wing and demonstrated some of the advantages of a ballistic chute despite a minor fire,

no 4 is Saudi 747 that left the runway at Medina thanks to an assymetric thrust reverser deployment.