24th March 2012 - Mansfield Fly-in - Aviatrix27's 50th

Guest aviatrix27

Guest aviatrix27

G'day guys and gals!

On 24th March, I am having a party to celebrate my 50th birthday (actual birthday 27th). It has now been decided that the AYA (Grumman owners' group) will use this event as their fly-in for the first 1/2 of 2012. The AYA always welcomes all aircraft to their fly-ins, we are all friends in aviation.

Anyone who knows me, or has ever heard of me, or for that matter, anyone who flies a plane or has heard of flying planes, is welcome to come and celebrate with me. The party starts at 6pm, at my property in Tolmie.

Flying in:

Mansfield, YMFD. Permission already received, but please phone me (0412 64 5525) to obtain strip conditions and any further instructions, as well as giving me your ETA for pick-up. I need at least 30 minutes notice to arrange your pick-up. If Mansfield is too wet, or you have another reason for needing an alternative, the next choices are YBLA and YWGT (Benalla and Wangaratta). Both of these aerodromes are 1 hour drive from my house, I need more notice to pick anyone up.

BYO drinks, and we are encouraging as many people as possible to camp on our property - all beds are already reserved, so try to bring a swag, or at least a pillow and sleeping bag. If you need a motel, we can organise that in Mansfield, and will arrange transport too - NOBODY will be drinking and driving!!!!!

If driving in, my address is 145 Faithfulls Road, Tolmie.

RSVP for catering purposes is 10 March.

Hope to see as many of you as possible!!!

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAARGH! That's the same weekend as the AAAA fly in at Cowra! We're going on to that after finishing a veteran car rally at Cobram the previous weekend!

Will take a rain check for future raising of a glass with you. B****y hell, wouldn't it be nice to be 50 again!

Cheers Kaye - I'm sure it'll be a ripper of a show.

Geoff.

• 1 month later...
Guest aviatrix27

Only 2 weeks to go now, getting excited! Not only that, I'm nearly organised!

Now I just need to know who's coming and who needs accommodation booked - I still have a couple of rooms in a cottage not far from us that are $45 per person per night.