Ausfly

Guest Darren Masters

Are you going to Ausfly 2012?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Ausfly 2012?

• God yes, I would not miss it for the world!
    • Not too sure/maybe. Depends on money and the Mrs!
    • No way! This will ne a total waste of time!

Guest Darren Masters

Is anyone else going to this event scheduled for 13th-15th September at Narromine? I have submitted my roster request. Plan is to stay at my folks farm in Bathurst and then drive out to Narromine from there. In saying that, I'm open to anything and if someone is flying and wants company, someone to fly a little for them and someone to share the cost of their fuel let me know ;)

More info here:

http://ausfly.com.au/

Hopefully it will have the old feel of Narromine back in the day of the AUF :)

Yes Darren - I'll be there with our ATEC stand & all just near the AOPA stand & SAAA HQ Office. Should be a good show I feel.

Guest Darren Masters
Yes Darren - I'll be there with our ATEC stand & all just near the AOPA & SAAA HQ Office. Should be a good show I feel.

Will be good to finally meet then :)

Guest David C

We fly out to London on the 5th Sept , so I will miss it it unfortunately . I am attending the display at Duxford on 8thSept , so it's a feeling of mixed emotions here . I would have loved to have met up again at our old spot at Narromine and perhaps have had a few "chateau cardboards " like in the good old days Darren ... Such great memories , I feel we could have yarned on for ages .. Remember "hovering " in that strong headwind in Arthurs plane ? .. Perhaps you may see Uncle Fred there ...Damn why did they have to choose those dates !!..

Dave C

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread - only 2 going from TAA so far?? Getting closer, believe there is no accommodation other than camping left in Narromine.

Guest David C

As per a previous post , we will be in the UK during Ausfly . However , I'm sure that this inaugural event will be a big success and will pave the way for the future . Have a great time everyone , I wish I could join you , but the Duxford Air Show calls this time around...

Dave C

Guest aviatrix27

We weren't going to be there, but I just talked to the other 1/2, he said "why not". I've booked a powered site and will be there in our Cheetah, VH-SYF.

Kaye & Geoffrey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darren Masters
We weren't going to be there, but I just talked to the other 1/2, he said "why not". I've booked a powered site and will be there in our Cheetah, VH-SYF.Kaye & Geoffrey

Kaye, I'm going to be there with mum and the kiddies on the Saturday. I will PM you my mobile number. Would love to catch up for lunch and a fly (hint hint) ;)

Guest Darren Masters
Dirrun, I mis-read your PM. Of course!!!!! Geoffrey and I are camping, we've booked a powered site, arriving Wednesday

Excellent! :)

Guest David C

Darren ... Have a great time at Ausfly .. We are flying out to London on Wednesday , so we will miss seeing you . It's a bummer , it would have be lovely to have caught up , particularly seeing the kids again .. never mind . On the plus side we are attending the Duxford AirShow this coming weekend , I'm really looking forward to that .. I believe Uncle Fred will be there , just keep your ears turned on , you'll hear him before you see him !! ...

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
Darren ... Have a great time at Ausfly .. We are flying out to London on Wednesday , so we will miss seeing you . It's a bummer , it would have be lovely to have caught up , particularly seeing the kids again .. never mind . On the plus side we are attending the Duxford AirShow this coming weekend , I'm really looking forward to that .. I believe Uncle Fred will be there , just keep your ears turned on , you'll hear him before you see him !! ...Dave C

Will do mate :) Shame you can't make it. Have a safe trip though and enjoy it. I will take some pics for you ;)

Guest aviatrix27

Yay! Tomorrow, we fly to Narromine. All our stuff is weighed and packed (just as well I lost 15 kg recently), all my paperwork is done and we are out of here at the crack of 10am 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I'm in the UK at the mo . I look forward to reading all about , and seeing photos from Ausfly . Have a great time one and all , and BTW , we attended the Duxford Airshow last weekend, which was also a cracker ..

Dave C

Guest aviatrix27

so where are your pix Dave? I'm sitting here chatting to mnewbery, have chatted to Bas and DWB. Haven't seen anyone else yet, but Darren Masters will be here in the morning. If anyone's looking for me, I'm in a big light green and blue tent just north of the rent-a-tents.

Kaye ... Look after my old buddy Darren , he's a good bloke , and please pass on my regards to him . I will endeavour to post some pixs if I work out how to on this iPad ! ... Once again , have a great time at Narromine ..

Dave C

I have no idea how to post multiple shots via the iPad , at least here is one from Duxford last weekend

Oh it would appear that I managed to post three shots .. Still not sure how that happened ..

Dave C

Darren ... What a beautiful set of photos , the shots of the Jessika and Luke certainly stirred the emotional juices with us , just lovely , how they have grown .. Your Mum looks good too , please pass on our regards to her .

I bet that sight of 3190 bought back a few memories .. And speaking to the " chicken man " again ( no disrespect here , he's actually a chicken farmer) ..

It seems that there was a great turn out of aircraft , in both number and variety , and if it is to become an annual event , I will have to make sure that I am there next year .

Finally a " smack on the bum " hey Darren from Kaye ... Worth the trip I reckon .. She's probably been reading "Fifty Shades of Grey " you know .... Will she reveal here !!! .?? ...

Dave C

Guest aviatrix27

Now Dave, how would you know the story of Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed? Of course I've read them.

Warning to anyone, misbehave (especially by not showing enough respect to your Mum or partner) in my presence, and you will be slapped :D