Ausfly 2013. 12-15th September 2013 At Narromine

Guest avi8tr

Guest avi8tr

We're back for another great time in the western plains of NSW at the historic Narromine airfield for another Ausfly fly in.

We were asked for several improvements over last year, and we have adopted them wherever possible. No we did not get around to building a Hilton Hotel but the ever popular B&B homestay system is growing and there should be more accomodation around this year.

There is an extra day, starting Thursday, air displays on Friday and Saturday 2pm-4pm. The Ausfly dinner function and a wonderful inspirational guest speaker (and under 20 years of age too! )

Did anyone mention....... QBE sponsored display by Matt Hall

482893_10151385763893261_864318021_n.jpg

And weather permitting, The Wright Flyer Replica will be taking to the skies, albeit low level. The last time was its debut in 2005, and Narromine went mad that weekend.

Guest aviatrix27

Bugger. I will be in hospital. Until I saw the dates I was going to launch an appeal for avgas money. Your wallets are safe!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll chuck my non-aviator's two bob's worth in here, and say that last year when we stayed at the camping/caravan park at the airport when on our way to/from a car rally at Ipswich, we were VERY impressed with the set-up: absolutely superb, plus the excellent av museum there as well... absolutely fantastic.

Jeez Kaye, you must really be browned off - ah well, all in a good cause, and all the best to you. Plenty more fly-ins, eh?

Guest aviatrix27

that's ok Siz, at the moment I'm more than slightly peeved with the management of the AYA, I'm happy to wait until everything calms down (not least of which my temper!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

new to the forum, but I'm heading to Ausfly from Kyneton on Thursday, back Sunday in a club C172. I am looking for a fellow flyer to share the flying/costs of the trip if anyone is interested please send me a message.

Thanks

Kieran

All the best with the surgery then. I'll be sleeping in the swag under the wing, going to the pub for dinner, a cafe for breakfast and enjoying the (hopeful) sunshine... The offer is also there if anyone wants to jump in along the way between Kyneton and Narromine. Happy to stop along the way at Shepparton, Narrandera, Griffith or somewhere between here and there...

Cheers

Kieran

Kaye ... Well be thinking of you ... Keep ya chin up , and, in no time at all you will be back in top form .

Our very best wishes ,

Dave and Marilyn .

All the best with the surgery then. I'll be sleeping in the swag under the wing, going to the pub for dinner, a cafe for breakfast and enjoying the (hopeful) sunshine... The offer is also there if anyone wants to jump in along the way between Kyneton and Narromine. Happy to stop along the way at Shepparton, Narrandera, Griffith or somewhere between here and there...Cheers

Kieran

With mention here of Shepparton, I take the opportunity to let anyone in that vicinity know that there's the National Veteran Car Rally occurring there from September 16th to 20th.

If the vehicle (I use the term "vehicle" loosely) here is running (god willing...), flag us down and enjoy the experience of a lifetime at a heady 25km/hr. No seat belts, no helmets. Oh the thrill of it all....:rolleyes:

[ATTACH=full]1934[/ATTACH]

P1020567a.jpg.320fcfc6ad1c3efd3916961efef7f57a.jpg

Guest aviatrix27

With you visiting Shepparton, Siz, I will be extremely disappointed if I don't see you! Less than 2 hours in a modern car to my house, you have my phone numbers

So far no luck with finding another to go in the Kyneton C172, time for plan B... does anyone else who's flying up from the Melbourne/Victoria region have a spare seat for a fixed wing/helicopter pilot/air traffic controller who doesn't want to have to drive up?

Otherwise plan C will be driving I guess, no where near as much fun...

Thanks All

Kieran