Un-Restricted Pilot Certificate

Just came across a Melbourne flying school offering training for an Un-Restricted Pilot Certificate

10hrs required but there Restricted Pilot Certificate is 20hrs

Can I assume you have to have restricted before Un-Restricted

What's the difference

I'm confused??

Just came across a Melbourne flying school offering training for an Un-Restricted Pilot Certificate10hrs required but there Restricted Pilot Certificate is 20hrs

Can I assume you have to have restricted before Un-Restricted

What's the difference

I'm confused??

If you are referring to SOAR, the text in brackets on their web page answers your question which defines their unrestricted pilot certificate training as the Cross Country Endorsement.

If you are referring to SOAR, the text in brackets on their web page answers your question which defines their unrestricted pilot certificate training as the Cross Country Endorsement.

Thanks Yes I now see that

• 2 weeks later...

The variations on these certificates and licences are starting already. In RAAus - I've seen RPC ('Restricted' Pilot Certificate), and then the UPC ('unrestricted' PC)...as discussed above. However, your so called UPC should really include your passenger carrying approval as well as the cross country endorsement. Under the new CASR 61 rules for GA - the RPL (Recreational Pilot Licence) will include passenger carrying straight away, but will require a cross country endorsement to make it into the equivalent of the current 'country' or non-CTA PPL.

happy days,