Jimmy Franklin in Kitfox

Guest thrasher

A very nice and versatile machine, but that pilot surely has a death wish. Aero's OK, but give yourself some height for, as sure as fate, one day you'll miss judge it.

Fly safe, Doug

Guest brentc

He's got plenty of height, so no real danger. The trick to aero's is making it look dangerous and extending the departure of your loop to make it as close to the ground as possible. I could do some moves that would make you think my Jabiru is defying the laws of gravity and aero-dynamics, mainly because it would be close to the ground.

Guest brentc

That's the point. I can make you think I'm defying gravity, but in safety.

It's like when you take someone along who has little flying experience. I could convince the average Joe that we have completed an aerobatic flight and have pushed the aircraft fully to it's limits, however I've probably broken no laws, done no official aerobatics and not stressed the aircraft at all.

The Kitfox in the video is performing high-speed basic aero's, nothing slow like stall turns etc and is merely delaying the exit of his moves to enhance the visual experience for the spectator. He would be pulling up to perhaps 4 g's at most in the loops so no major stress to the aircraft.