Wanted

Riley

In response to Emah's (Wayne Fisher's former sailmaker) recent post re: supply of skins for Rag & Tube oldies, I requested a quote for a full set of Thruster Gemini coverings. Unfortunately she doesn't have any templates or patterns for the Gemini and I didn't get any dacron bits & pieces when the Gemini skeleton followed me home a couple of years ago. So... does any forumite have either a set of redundant Gemini skins that they'd be willing to loan/trade to me in order for her to get started? Alternatively, is there a Thruster freak out there with a tired old Gemini who's skins are shabby/dangerous who might be considering replacing them soon? I'm willing to loan my Bettsometer fabric tester to anyone who isn't sure. Or...... (and now I'm really in tooth fairy territory), is there an AUF drop-out anywhere in this fair land that might have a set of useable Gemini skins stuck on the shelf in the shed that are looking to get back in the air? Any and all leads will be followed up. Help folks........! cheers Riley

In response to Emah's (Wayne Fisher's former sailmaker) recent post re: supply of skins for Rag & Tube oldies, I requested a quote for a full set of Thruster Gemini coverings. Unfortunately she doesn't have any templates or patterns for the Gemini and I didn't get any dacron bits & pieces when the Gemini skeleton followed me home a couple of years ago. So... does any forumite have either a set of redundant Gemini skins that they'd be willing to loan/trade to me in order for her to get started? Alternatively, is there a Thruster freak out there with a tired old Gemini who's skins are shabby/dangerous who might be considering replacing them soon? I'm willing to loan my Bettsometer fabric tester to anyone who isn't sure. Or...... (and now I'm really in tooth fairy territory), is there an AUF drop-out anywhere in this fair land that might have a set of useable Gemini skins stuck on the shelf in the shed that are looking to get back in the air? Any and all leads will be followed up. Help folks........! cheers Riley

Anybody??? Anything??? Re-established Thruster Operator's Support Group??? Former members of the original TOSG??? Somebody??? Somewhere??? Needing some outside help to get this old girl back in the air. Standing by with heaps of gratitude. cheers Riley

You have a PM reply Riley.

I'm not sure what difference Pol's wings are to yours but it would have to be worth a try - At least run a tape measure over both machines to see what the difference is. I'll talk to Pol tomorrow and see what he thinks. Maybe talk to Stuart Maddigan to see how much difference there was.

Pud

• Helpful 1

Guest ozzie

You could try and track down the original sail maker. Long retired but maybe of help.

Kevin Mitchell. Last known in Balgowalah Hts Sydney.

You have a PM reply Riley.I'm not sure what difference Pol's wings are to yours but it would have to be worth a try - At least run a tape measure over both machines to see what the difference is. I'll talk to Pol tomorrow and see what he thinks. Maybe talk to Stuart Maddigan to see how much difference there was.

Pud

Tks Pud. I'll check out your other chinese whisper - yah neva no eh?

You could try and track down the original sail maker. Long retired but maybe of help.Kevin Mitchell. Last known in Balgowalah Hts Sydney.

You could try and track down the original sail maker. Long retired but maybe of help.Kevin Mitchell. Last known in Balgowalah Hts Sydney.

Thanks Ozzie. Ferreted out a tel nr for a K. Mitchell in nearby Manly Vale but it wasn't our man Kevin. Anybody else have contact details for or know where Mr Mitchell may have ended up? cheers Riley

I have a set if skins that may be used.Can you tell me the number of batterns fitted and what the tip looks like.

Or better still some pictures.

Hey Thommo

Much appreciate your post. According to a dwg supplied by Pud, each side should have 10 wing batten pockets with a tapered wing tip - NOT the chopped off 'Sydney Harbour" final rib with the flat wing tip. Unfortunately I don't have access to a picture of a Gemini with it's clothes on. If you require more identification, I'll get out my tape measure and camera when I get back to the hangar on Friday. Again. my thanks for your reply. cheers Riley.

This might be a source of newer skins plus spares for your project?http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brahma-lodge/other-sports-fitness/aircraft-t300-thruster/1037653178

On Ya AJ - that's thinking outside the square and may very well be the ultimate answer to my delimma We'll see what comes in from the forum first and keep that option filed for future reference. Thanks much. cheers Riley

Yep I'm sure it's the same as I have here. Just get me measurement and we can check it out.

Tks thommo. PM sent.

Guest ozzie

You can try to find kevin via steve cohen at wedderburn but don't mention thruster/gemini. Sore point for him

Thanks Ozzie. Ferreted out a tel nr for a K. Mitchell in nearby Manly Vale but it wasn't our man Kevin. Anybody else have contact details for or know where Mr Mitchell may have ended up? cheers Riley