How to replace spark plug cap on Rotax 912 UL

I found one of my spark plug caps is not clipping on tight to the spark plug terminal like the others. I'll phone Bert Floods tomorrow about getting another sent up.

I'd appreciate any information about experiences changing the cap.

My rotax was not gaining full power and has an intermittant miss or surging rough running above 4,200 rpm. It does settle and reach 5,000 but then starts running rough again.

Changing the fuel filter, and full inspection of system between the filter and the carbs, including inside the carbs did not reveal faults or crud etc.

When I looked further into the loose spark plug cap, I noticed the wire that springs onto the spark plug terminal was not proud towards the center. With a pick I could move the wire 90 degrees so it is broken. I suspect this may be the cause of the rough running about 4200 rpm as the cap is not making a solid electrical connection.

Any one had this experience?

Are replacement caps available and are they straight forward to fit?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

I have had to replace a plug cap on my 912, they just screw on to the end of the lead, simple & easy. The hard part is what they cost!!!!

I have had to replace a plug cap on my 912, they just screw on to the end of the lead, simple & easy. The hard part is what they cost!!!!

Thanks Mick. Did you have rough running leading to needing to replace the cap. What was the cost? More than $50-.

Cheers

Mike