Posting here

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Ian/All,

Just a thought and not wanting to upset anyone...Ian, your comments please on this. Would this thread incidents/accidents be better for putting incidents/accidents that occur in the Australian Recreational Aviation/GA scene better placed here and all the other international stuff like the 'Steve Fosset missing' 'Beechcraft Crash' be better placed in the Aviation News section? I just thought it would be better to keep this thread for the Aussie stuff and the Aviation News thread for all the international crashes as there is always stacks of them. When you look at the description for this incidents/accidents thread it states:

"Please help each other to stay safe by posting any incidents or accidents here - You can even do it anonymously if you want - GUESTS can also post here"

Whereas the Aviation News thread states:

"Extra Extra read all about it - lots to learn from the latest aviation news from around the world".

Would love to hear other thoughts on this one. Personally I go into the incidents/accidents expecting (hoping not to) read of stuff that's happened here and then when you click on and go into the post it states it overseas somewhere. My two cents...

It sounds like a good idea to me to keep the Australian events n one place.

It is taking longer & longer to sift through the news items to find incidents & accidents pertinent to Australia and see them repeated sometimes in other threads.

If you want to go International then a separate thread for each country might be in order.

REgards

Darren, I agree to a certain extent and plead guilty to posting the Steve Fossett article on the site. But in my defence look at the time it was posted ... So therefore plead a major bout of non awakeness :;)6::;)6:.zzzzzzzzzzzzz and had I thought a bit more would have posted on another site.

On the crash side surely an international incident involving RA or ultralight / home built craft pertains to all of us. Although some are down right stupid and many sensationalised (if thats a word) are excellent examples of what not to do. Many of us have a major love but limited experience in the world of avaition, we cringe in horror at the accidents, shake our head at the stupidity and feel for the tragic loss of good people, but it reminds us and constantly installs in our psyche how careful and ever alert we must be in this amazing sport.

Guest JRMobile
Many of us have a major love but limited experience in the world of avaition, we cringe in horror at the accidents, shake our head at the stupidity and feel for the tragic loss of good people, but it reminds us and constantly installs in our psyche how careful and ever alert we must be in this amazing sport.

Well said jordy!!!

Guest Fred Bear

Yes, well said mate and nothing personal. I myself am sure I have posted other stuff here before that has occurred overseas. Just wanted to clarify with Ian where we should be putting them.

if an accident holds lessone for all of us, then it shouldnt matter from where its from..

eg, the Beechcraft video will enforce the need for correct weight and balance calcs before flight, and the importance of using the performance charts to come to max take off weights permitted in relation to density altitude, temperate, runway surface etc etc..

funnily enough this type of preflight work doesn't seam to get done much at all in recreational flying i have noticed from my observations.

actually part of the incentive behind my weight loss program is to bring the CoG of my vampire into a more comfortable zone so i can fly with a little baggage and extra toys in the cockpit. at my current weight, i can only fly with full fuel if i wear light clothing, hence the regular exercise, and weight reduction program of the vampire by replacing heavy steel parts with lighter titanium items. i want to fly with a GPs, nice radio, camera, water bottle etc etc.

If i had not done my weight and balance calcs, i could have easily blasted off with a nice heavy jacket, GPS, and a drink and not known i was over the MTOW with a CoG only a few Cm from its FWD limits.