How many Subaru engines flying in Oz?

bushcaddy105

Just curious, how many of you are flying on Subaru engines? While there seems to be much info available in the USA, little comes from Australia.

I am personally only aware of the Terriers, Karatoos and assorted gyros - plus my BushCaddy R80 on its EA81

Guest Curandero

Hi John, this is Paul Naughton aka Curandero. ( Aeropup pilot you gave a ride to in the Bushcaddy at the Snowtown Flyin).

John, when I get my noise reduction kit would you be available to assist if the instructions are baffling me?

Graham, Kevin and Malcom have been like Aviation Angels to me. They have re rigged the tail plane, re jigged the rudder pedals, fixed the brakes and streamlined the bump between the cowling and the fuselage and re configured my very problematic vernier throttle.

Are you going to the Paul Gerecke flyin?

Curandero

Gooday Paul

Yes, there are 2 lifetimes of experience with Graham and Kevin alone, and Malcolm has the Aeropup building experience to add.

Sure, I will help with the Headsets kit. You're about an hour from me by road, or 20 minutes from Port Pirie. A thought - I can arrange for you to fly in to a private strip about 4 Km from me if this suits.

No, I won't be at Paul's this weekend, as I have always wanted to get to the Bi-annual Waikerie Vintage machinery rally. When the Sports Aircraft Club advertised their flyin at Waikerie, with a bus to the rally, I decided to kill 2 birds with one flight, if that makes sense!

Guest Curandero

To bushcaddy. Hi John. Sounds like a good weekend for you. Quite a few improvements have been done to the Aeropup and so I think I will offer it for sale. It has got so many extras I'll try it at $50g.

The headset kit hasn't arrived yet so will contact you when they do.

Curandero