Tassie, here we come....

Ferris

Let's hope they don't put up fences to keep the north islanders out, but a few of us are looking to head across the ditch for a weekend in early February.

We're wanting to go to Hobart to have a look at the wooden boat festival amoungst other things. We'll be taking a couple of VH craft so C airspace is not a problem. We just need a little advice from our friends down south about where we should park the planes, ie Hobart or Cambridge or somewhere else and also looking for some suggestions about aviation friendly accommodation (don't want anything fancy). At this stage, 10 people have put their hands up, with three sky drills, but of course, when it comes to parting with the folding stuff, no doubt the numbers will drop off.

I am told that Hobart is fairly hectic in early Feb, and getting a bed can be a real problem, so another option is to find somewhere out of town and hire a car.

Now I am hoping that a nice Tasmanian would like to see us spend a bit of cash in their town, and point us in the right direction.

Cheers Ferris

Let's hope they don't put up fences to keep the north islanders out, but a few of us are looking to head across the ditch for a weekend in early February.We're wanting to go to Hobart to have a look at the wooden boat festival amoungst other things. We'll be taking a couple of VH craft so C airspace is not a problem. We just need a little advice from our friends down south about where we should park the planes, ie Hobart or Cambridge or somewhere else and also looking for some suggestions about aviation friendly accommodation (don't want anything fancy). At this stage, 10 people have put their hands up, with three sky drills, but of course, when it comes to parting with the folding stuff, no doubt the numbers will drop off.

I am told that Hobart is fairly hectic in early Feb, and getting a bed can be a real problem, so another option is to find somewhere out of town and hire a car.

Now I am hoping that a nice Tasmanian would like to see us spend a bit of cash in their town, and point us in the right direction.

Cheers Ferris

A weekend fly away and wooden boats! What a combo ... I'm green with envy. Have fun and ensure you write it up for us afterwards. cheers