Phone and Headsets

Geoff

Guest Guest

Ian

As I understand it - the existing CDMA network/phones WON'T work after the changeover. Also after early August the onlycarrier for CDMA will be Telstra. Hope that info helps

jake

G’day Ian and other fellow aviators,

On the subject of CDMA phones I had a late model LG brand CDMA phone til recently but have had to ‘toss it out’ due to increasingly poor signal performance.

I even have the unit professionally tested for power, signal quality and reception which the report indicated the phone was fully operational and with-in the technical specs but I still was receiving very poor performance.

This problem varied from no signal to a fair/reasonable signal between Coffs Harbour/Tenterfield and Brisbane. What made matters more annoying was that colleagues with digital GSM phones were all receiving near or full signal strength right next to me… Hmmm.

I contacted a couple of telco techo’s who work on the ‘inside’ and they unofficially informed me that they were slowly closing down the CDMA service and that my best option was to get out of the CDMA use.

So, currently I am using a new GSM digital and the signal performance in the earlier mentioned areas is near perfect.

Its a strange one with CDMA as I have other friends who reckon that CDMA is rockin...

Having said that, hee hee, anyone interested in a good, near new LG 6000 model CDMA mobile...

Cheers,