XCSoar on Kobo Touch

what a great project, we need more of this sort of thing to bring the club ships into this century.

Any chance you can take a video in flight so we can see it in use?

there is a similar unit but panel mount that I've been looking at. http://www.openvario.org/doku.php?id=start

see your location is Narrogin, will call in one day for a soaring fix.

what a great project, we need more of this sort of thing to bring the club ships into this century.Any chance you can take a video in flight so we can see it in use?

there is a similar unit but panel mount that I've been looking at. http://www.openvario.org/doku.php?id=start

see your location is Narrogin, will call in one day for a soaring fix.

I will see what I can do about a video. Those photos showing the display were taken in the brightest sun light shining directly on the face and they show a true representation of the readability. But, of course, the display is gray scale - which is not a problem for me. I would much rather have a readable gray scale over a barely visible color tablet display.

The Open Vario project is a good idea. The display used is probably better than the Kobo display. It uses a color display in reflective mode - not back lit - so it doesn't try to compete with the sun. However, as I understand it, this display is no longer manufactured so people are looking for a replacement. I thought about building a cut down Open Vario as a portable but this display is just a little too big for comfort.

Sure, come on down some time. It would make a nice flight. We do have accommodation if you want to make a weekend of it. And there is the flying club right next door.