Wanting to buy a tapered tip warp drive prop

Flying leghorn

Wanting a warp drive tapered tip prop  

1. 1. Wanting a warp drive tapered tip prop

• Unknown
    • A/a

Hi Seb thanks I looked at bolly but after speaking to the warp drive people he said I would get better proformance and better cruise out of this tapered tip as thats what all the guys who have this model are going to and reacon increase by 5/10mph and I don't have to change the hub. Mine is a 912ul so should get a few more knots than what I'm getting .I would try a bolly if I could buy a 2nd one with a hub for the 912..RegardsCraig

Fair call. I was lead to believe that the warp drive are cut down to size, hence the loss of the tapered tip???

The billy does fit straight into the warp drive hub, depending on which hub you have - our will. I was after the tapered tip for sure though, as they were hopefully going to be a little quieter than the warp drive, given the layout of the S14. I remember seeing yours - (From Gatton?) What a rocket with that 912!!!!!

Hi mine has to be machined to fit bolly prop there's a few hundred dollars difference but I would care if I get a result . Yes mine is from Gatton the previous owner said 95 knts and will exceed the VNE which has not been the case for me .I contacted the guy who built it and he said 90ish .We have played with the prop checked the SOG and all surfaces so alls left to do now is change prop.Iv been onto the rans clan forum but nowon has the 912 ul there been in contact with a heap of guys with the 503 .Rans are great they sent me all the other owners of that model.On another note I tried calling the RomaRecreational aero club 2weeks ago was going to fly out but the guys who's ph number is on the web site never got back to me do you still have a club there ? The only time iv been there was to fly a drifter back to Chinchilla for Mike Toey..Regards Craig

Craig,

Yep, I am in the club here - no worries if you want to head out this way. (and the Drifter you were flying was 55-977. I learnt in it and recall hearing about that trip)

One of the members here has an S14 which I have been flying, as he is yet to get a license. Good fun little thing - I like it, but it is 503 with a the 31ft wings, so I imagine you have the shorter wings and higher VNE etc. If you need to see another, let me know and it will be easy done. Not quite as flash as yours. Funny - I have been on the trail of S12's for a while now....

Ok cool yeah they are great little planes I also have a x air which is what I learnt in its got heaps of extras like long rang tanks so thinking of flying to meandarra were i work this weekend I think i will sell it then fly it and change my mind but will have to come to the realisation that I can't have 2 one day . I also fly aero chutes and paramotors cost to much to keep everything current wish it was all under one licence with endorsements..Craig

Craig,Yep, I am in the club here - no worries if you want to head out this way. (and the Drifter you were flying was 55-977. I learnt in it and recall hearing about that trip)

One of the members here has an S14 which I have been flying, as he is yet to get a license. Good fun little thing - I like it, but it is 503 with a the 31ft wings, so I imagine you have the shorter wings and higher VNE etc. If you need to see another, let me know and it will be easy done. Not quite as flash as yours. Funny - I have been on the trail of S12's for a while now....