Hello from YNAR

Guest Roger

Guest Roger

Hi Everyone,

Was surfing past and decided to drop in. As it turns out there are a few of you who are virtually next door neighbours.

I am new to the ultralight scene, in fact new to flying, with a mere 50hrs in the seat. Currently buying a factory J230 with a group of blokes from my home club - Murrumbidgee Areo Club - andI gotta tell you I cant wait.

Looking foward to meeting the locals and perhaps making the odd excursion further afield.

After having a bit of a look around the forums I can see I will be asking heaps of questions - please bear with me as I am just a "noobie"

Cheers

Roger

G'day Roger from about 95 kms to your east.

I am also building a J230 that is shown in the Kitbuilding section. When is yours due?

I'm trying to finish for end Sept and my engine is coming end Aug.

Welcome aboard & if you'd like to see one partly done, just let me know.

By the way ... there is a freight group in Wagga that have a daily service from Bundaberg to the Riverina. I used them, they did a good job and saved a bit ....EDIT - BUGGER, JUST REALIZED THAT YOU'LL BE FLYING YOURS DOWN, SO IGNORE THAT.

Regards Geoff Captain

Hi Roger,

welcome aboard. Always good to have another Jabiru join the flock. I have a J160c. What sort of wait time did the factory give you?

regards

Guest Roger

Hi Geoff & Pete,

We started our campaign in March/Apr by going to your stamping ground Pete. Cliff Banks bought hisJ160 across and kindly took a few of us for a fly - we were immediately sold on the J160.

At the same time there happened to be an immaculate J160 in the hangar (24-4535). I dont suppose that is your machine Pete? It is a very nice aircraft. We took the liberty of a few piccy's and returned to Narrandera full of enthusiasm. We joined the queue at Bundy, given a spotand told not to expect any movement until about Sept.

Anyway one thing lead to another and with an extra syndicate member coming on board we decided to "supersize" and last week placed our order for a J230. It was just that little bit bigger and with the extra member the outlay is much the same.

The expectation is that it goes into build at the end of this month and will be ready for delivery early October. So hopefully all goes to plan and we have it home about the same time as Geoff finishes his ;).gif

Guest Guest

So your J230 will be RA-Aus or GA registered in the LSA category?

They are shipping out a lot of them now.

Good that they have kept the building of the J160's and the J230's seperate with different workshops, otherwise there would be a 10 month wait on the J230 and sales would stifle.

Guest Roger

Hi Nosmo,

Only a couple of our syndicate have GA PPL so it will be RAA.

At one stage the delivery time was around xmas so I think they must have ramped things up in the production line.

Now the only problem we face is who gets to pick it up? The other guys reckon it should be those with the most flying experience......

.....me - I think we should play paper/scissors/rock to see who goes.

Nah just kidding. I have to do a lot more local sorties before I take on something like that. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

What was I thinking???

Roger

What about a seasoned pilot and a fresh (new) one.

Good insurance to have someone with experience piloting the aircraft and a great oppurtunity for a new pilot to gain valuable weather and navigation skills etc etc..

anyway that's my thoughts

regards

Guest Guest

PM me, I'll pick it up for you.

I have been meaning to stick an advert in as a ferry pilot but haven't got around to it.

PM me for my resume!

Guest Roger

Thanks Pete

We had planned something along those lines to be honest. Three of us will hitch a ride up with a GA mate. One a very experienced pilot and two virgins (so to speak). Then we just take turnabout swapping between the Cessna and the Jabi - should be great fun and as you say a good learning experience.

Nosmo...mate

arrr - nup! keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif But thanks for the offer!