Info Wanted re: FFP Celebrity Biplane w/ Radial Engine

Riley

If Derek Dyer of Digby, Vic, Fisher Celebrity builder/pilot, is on this site (or anybody who knows him) could contact me via PM I'd be grateful. I have 'hit the wall' with attempts to fit a TBI to my radial-engined Celebrity and need to pick his brains as to how he managed to accomplish it in his rig up. Tks in anticipation, cheers Riley

If Derek Dyer of Digby, Vic, Fisher Celebrity builder/pilot, is on this site (or anybody who knows him) could contact me via PM I'd be grateful. I have 'hit the wall' with attempts to fit a TBI to my radial-engined Celebrity and need to pick his brains as to how he managed to accomplish it in his rig up. Tks in anticipation, cheers Riley

Made contact. Thanks folks

Slightly off topic, but I saw a radial RAA aircraft at Serpentine the other day with a 24 rego number. A small high wing.

I didn't look like a Rotec at a distance but it could have been. (No one in the hangar so I didn't enter).

Just found it unusual to be a 24 rego.........

• Winner 1

Slightly off topic, but I saw a radial RAA aircraft at Serpentine the other day with a 24 rego number. A small high wing.I didn't look like a Rotec at a distance but it could have been. (No one in the hangar so I didn't enter).

Just found it unusual to be a 24 rego.........

You were looking at the Secretary's factory-built 1946 Funk. He pulled a Cont 85 off and self-installed the Rotec R2800 a couple of years back. Had you got a little bit closer you would have seen the most pretty mechanical constant-speed wooden prop ever. Dave reckoned the Aeromatic cost almost as much as did the re-power. I'm green with envy. cheers

• Like 1