W1 Lightwing

ron dunn

Hi all. Can anyone help me with the fore and aft C of G limits for the W1 Lightwing. Could ring Howie but the last call I make gave the impression that he was a little reluctant to discuss this side of things.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a W1. The aircraft was on floats early 1990 and was badly damaged. was rebuild around 1996 and the 532 was replaced with a 618. Have rung Howie and got some figures re c of g limits and he told me that the engine changeover was not done at the factory and that he thinks this would be the only W1 with a 618 installed.

Work seems to be carried out with job numbers so it must have been a level 2 or above.

When we purchased the aircraft earlier this year the previous owner had it re registered in his name as it had expired. RAA -as wanted a photo of the placard in the cockpit stating 480 kg all up weight. We sent this and they re registered it.

It will be interesting to see how they react when we apply for transfer next week.

Would love to hear from anybody that have information re this aircraft. The registration number is 25 -0230

Cheers

LW-1 only have a MTOW of 400 kgs. ( all Lw-1's) I own LW-1 serial-004 .

I needed to re do the place cards to state MTOW= 400 kgs...( not 480 as previously registed)

Also the propeller if not Original( 2 blade wood) need certifying ( being factory built ). Bolly props can do this.

Then there's the engine.

I would say that it came out the factory with a 532( now a 582).

618 would require an engineering order unless it was factory fitted.

Unfortunately lv2 can not modify a 25 reg plane without an E/O

Hope this helps

It's a long road but there is an end.

Been there done that

Good luck