Draft constitution - my concerns

shags_j

I know I went on and on in another thread about this but it should be in this forum.

I am not going to comment on all the clauses that I did before but a number of major points I think should be considered by all.

1. The whole board read this draft constitution before it was posted... Why then was there errors in the document referencing non existent clauses etc. This is actually very poor form and brings to light the quality of the firm preparing these documents. Either way we need the correct documents posted for member review.

2. The directors should not have the right to deny membership without a reason. Also if denied there needs to be a mediation to ensure it is not the directors and their self interest ( this is kind of reminiscent of an issue some people here had a few years ago)

3. Clauses 17.1 gives the company the ability to remove a member and a policy and procedure needs to be established per clause 17.2. I would like too see this policy before voting as i believe enforced mediation of requested by either party should be involved.

4. This may be me not understanding but if i read this correctly an applicant gains all the rights of a member while their application is being considered. I don't see where this renounces their voting rights however and that could be used to game the company. I hope that makes sense.

5. The chairman is able to choose to veto a members right to vote. I see no reason that this should be allowed. I think clause 30 should be rewritten.

6. Clause 60.3 needs further clarification for us lay people.

I will formally forward this to my local member as well but this is for general discussion the meantime. Sorry fort any grammatical issues but this was all typed in my phone.

Cheers

Jason