Hi I've just landed.

1965mustang

Hi Guys and Gals

My name is Steve. I hail from Cranbourne East in Victoria. I am not quite a pilot yet. But I am embarking on the next journey in my life that is gaining my Recreational Pilots Licence and then later on my PPL.

I will be starting my training at Tooradin Airfield located at the top of Westernport Bay.

Just a question on the medical. I had a fractured skull 8 years ago a bleeding on the brain which required surgery. As a result of the surgery I had a very minor stroke. Although I have full movement back in my right side. I am a bus driver at the moment and you need to pass a pretty full on medical every 3 years to renew you driver's certificate to allow you to carry passengers. Now I pass that without a problem. So I'm guessing that I should pass the medical ok....am I right?

Anyway nice to meet you all

Welcome to the forum Steve 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Tooradin "home of the rusty ship" 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

As Biggles said it's best to speak to your doctor before you start spending any money.

I think you may have problems with a PPL based on the Class 2 medical, I am only saying this as I know someone who was in a similar position and CASA said sorry we cannot issue a medical.

I don't want to ruin anyones dreams and each situation is different so thats why it's best to speak with your doctor or ring the CASA avmed team on 1300 428 633.

I am not sure on RAAUS but as your ultimate goal was a PPL I would be speaking to avmed.

Edit: Remember there are pressure changes when flying and doctors will need to look into your injury to see if this could cause problems. I am not a doctor so avmed is who you need to call, but be prepared for your medical to take longer than normal before a decision is made.

• Informative 1