Greetings & salutations from Bisbane, Australia :)

mach_speedz

Hi folks 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif short time lurker, first time poster.

I don't fly, yet, other than radio control since 1970's teen.

Seriously looking at a 1962 Morane Saulnier as a project plane, once completed I'll do lessons with her for my RPL, I don't think I'll need a full PPL, seems there are plenty enough endorsements for RPL to have plenty of fun when the time comes.

The Morane has been hangered all her life and has only 1330 total airframe hours.

No motor, the original Continental 0-200 was sold off for an engine upgrade that didn't eventuate, so I'll need to find another low hour o-200... where does one begin to look to find one? I'm not having any joy googling... 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Anyway, I'm starting fresh with the entire aviation thing, and really looking forward to the journey to be skyward bound 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I'll appreciate any & all morale support along the way heh heh

Regards to all

Mark

• Like 1

....., so I'll need to find another low hour o-200... where does one begin to look to find one? I'm not having any joy googling...

There should be plenty of O-200 engines available come July when all those C150s fail their SIDs inspections. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Mark, hi.

Flew in a Rallye in the mid '70's Canberra-Tocumwal-return.

It climbed like a homesick angel with those l/e flaps and cruised like a drunken sailor - sea-sick material: too much dihedral and therefore too much lateral stability. Nicely and sturdily built. If you want a nice and competent little airplane for local flying: great. If you want to do long XC: (like three hours at a stretch or more) - you would likely grow to hate it. For XC work: buy a Jabiru, they're the Holden Commodore of the air: dead boring but you get there... cheaper than most else.

The 0-200 is a damn good engine - which is why they don't go cheap!.

Mark, hi.Flew in a Rallye in the mid '70's Canberra-Tocumwal-return.

It climbed like a homesick angel with those l/e flaps and cruised like a drunken sailor - sea-sick material: too much dihedral and therefore too much lateral stability. Nicely and sturdily built. If you want a nice and competent little airplane for local flying: great. If you want to do long XC: (like three hours at a stretch or more) - you would likely grow to hate it. For XC work: buy a Jabiru, they're the Holden Commodore of the air: dead boring but you get there... cheaper than most else.

The 0-200 is a damn good engine - which is why they don't go cheap!.

Thanks Oscar ever so for sharing your brief experience with a Rallye, refreshing to hear positive feedback.

There is something that appeals to me in the Morane, has character, something the Jabiru and Cessna's do nothing for me, as you mentioned, dead boring heh heh

She has low hours so even with her age she's in real good condition, the current owner (from memory) had flown her from Perth to Sth East Qld, I had asked him how painful that was but he said he enjoyed every minute of the journey. Hmmm... perhaps that was more reflective of the adventure rather than the comfort ;-)

Considering my journey has only just begun with studying for RPL, cross country flying is a long way off yet, I'd reckon the MS will do me for quite some time.

Also, where would I find the market place for a decent low hour o-200? Or is there? I've been googling like mad but can only find o-200 parts...

Most of the 0-2o0's are too old. Too many hours up, and way past first life. You would be flat out finding a low hours one. The 200D is the version in the Skycatcher. It's lightened and different ignition. Check out Lycoming 0-233. Nev