Perricoota airport

stevron

Friday the 19th was a little windy with heavy clouds and enough low level turbulance to keep you interested.

I flew to Bendigo from Albury and had lunch at Bendigo and obtained the coordinates for the strip. I left Bendigo for a leisurely flight to a private strip at Perricoota just North West of Echuca, l was told the grass strip was a 1000 metres long and should have no trouble landing there.

With co ordinates in hand I started out . l was greeted with a 15/20 knot 90 degree cross wind.

I was to first to arrive but There ended up being 9 planes and a extended number day visitors.

The Bendigo club members worked together to create a fantastic weekend.

Owners of the property Tony and Tracey were great hosts and worked tirelessly to make sure every one had the maximum amount of food , refreshments and entertainment . At night I swagged it under the wing of the Brumby (5 star accomodation).

On Saturday we travelled by a Bbq boat to the Echuca blues fest , what a great way to spend a Saturday.

The boat was stocked with food and refreshments and believe it or not a Bbq , with music playing and good company this day was a success . But like all Good things it must come to an end and weekend was over , I the depart, leaving old and new friends behind as I departed for Albury .

A special thanks to the members of the Bendigo Flying Club and Tony / Tracey , for the best weekend I have had for ages. Steve