Ra-Aus ratings

I was wondering what was involved in getting some of the Ra-Aus endorsements, like passenger and nav, i.e. How many hours and what is involved in the test? Also, is the passenger endorsement something that needs to be done after you get your certificate or can a student be endorsed to take a passenger up in the training area?

You need your certificate and 10 hours solo for pax endo. You'll already have 5 to get your certificate. Just another 5 after and you can take pax. Talk to your instructor. There is a small theory component about how to brief your pax, handle nervous pax and deal with pax who fight for the controls.

Nav endo is 10 hours dual nav and 2 solo. You read a map, plan route, estimate fuel, fly route and make radio calls.

I doubt you can take anyone up before you get your certificate. You can always ask your instructor though!

I probably wouldn't want to take anyone up until I have more experience anyway, I was just wondering cos some videos I've watched seem like guys are taking pax up when they're still restricted to the training area. I guess that would just be because they haven't done a Nav endo yet