New Member with Projects from Scotland UK.

SGIAN DUBH

Hi All,

I have just taken on 3 Aircraft Projects that were built by a very gifted Aircraft designer from Ayrshire Scotland.

The idea is I get the 1st Aircraft & I am putting it through SSDR ( Single Seat DeRegulated ) with the CAA of the UK, once that is achieved I then have the 2nd aircraft to start on.

Well the 1st one is now completed & just awaiting Flight Testing.

I will keep all Recreational Flying forum members informed as I believe there is already a thread on this site about these projects from times past.

• Like 3

Pics?

I am awaiting the UK CAA to release the Registration into the Public Domain & then I will be happy to make what will probably be the BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT in SSDR Aviation in the UK.

I have secured the registration G-CJPK ( The PK are my initials ) for this exciting Aircraft that will certainly make everyone in Blighty stand up & pay attention to what can be achieved.

The UK CAA are being very Pro-active in SSDR now where any microlight & some VLA that have an empty weight that allows 1x 86kg pilot and sufficient fuel to remain under 300kg if a New application ( or up to 390kg if previously been issued with a Permit to Fly issued by the CAA that was in force prior to 1 January 2003 has really opened up Doors for the UK Microlight fraternity.

Microlights like the CFM Shadow's, MW6's, Thruster's, Kolb's & even the Rans S6's can be SSDR cleared as can most Flexwing microlights.

The 3 projects I am putting through SSDR are all aircraft designed by an extremely talented Engineer who in all reality was born too early as this is really his dream & I am just revamping his dreams as SSDR is now really taking off in the UK ( excuse the pun ) and I am methodically satisfying the CAA SSDR Criteria's by having submitted such an array of documentation that proves these designs are perfect for SSDR

To briefly explain the UK SSDR Category :

In the UK the SSDR initiative removes all unnecessary regulation on sub 300kg microlights and opens a door allowing smaller self-launching microlights to be developed at much lower cost. This reduces the retail purchase price, reduces the ongoing cost of ownership, and reduces the pilot licensing bureaucracy.

Which aeroplanes may make use of the exemption?

Any microlight aeroplane that:

• is designed to carry one person;

• has a maximum take-off mass of no more than:

300 kg for a single seat landplane (or 390 kg for a single seat landplane of which 51% was built by an amateur, or non-profit making association of amateurs, for their own purposes and without any commercial objective, in respect of which a Permit to Fly issued by the CAA was in force prior to 1 January 2003); or

• 315 kg for a single seat landplane equipped with an airframe mounted total recovery parachute system; or

• 330 kg for a single seat amphibian or floatplane; and

[*]has a stall speed or minimum steady flight speed in the landing configuration not exceeding 35 knots calibrated airspeed.

• Informative 2