Thorpe T-18 homebuilt lands in field; FAA investigating

Guest SrPilot

Guest SrPilot

It looks like almost a non-event but for a cow in the way. Nevertheless, the FAA is investigating. We'll find out who had right-of-way - the cow or the T-18. It would seem that an airplane making an emergency landing in a field should get the nod, but we'll see. The FAA gets the last word.

Small Plane Crash Reported In Williamson County

Meanwhile, the owner will have to repair his landing gear.

Seemed like a heck of a long landing to me suggesting he was travelling fairly quickly. He missed the pole even though the poor cow looked to be a write off.

Kaz

I wonder if his insurance will replace the cow... or will the farmer have to claim on His insurance?

The farmer will be in front:

Damage to the cow

Damage to the paddock

Trespass

Negligence including toxic shock (the cow was part of the farmer's family)

Kaz 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Guest SrPilot
I wonder if his insurance will replace the cow... or will the farmer have to claim on His insurance?

Actually through quick thinking, the pilot missed the cow, but in doing so, he damaged his landing gear. The cow is physically okay, but has secured legal counsel and will be bringing suit for mental anguish and emotional distress caused by the intrusion. 064_contract.gif.1ea95a0dc120e40d40f07339d6933f90.gif

The U.S. attorney is still attempting to define the word "paddock," although there may be an action filed for damage to the pasture. 048_surrender.gif.737a6283dfb1349140cc8b959302f540.gif