Vixxen A32

hi I had a very short flight in a very new vixxen A32 recently. My only comment is that it needed right pedal even at cruise power. Without it it yaws rapidly left and drops the left wing. ( Left spiral dive)

Why... Well there seems to be no fixed trim tab on the rudder..... None of them have the trim tab. Its older sister the A 22 has a trim tab and the rudders seem to be exactly the same design so what is their thinking? Im damned sure i don't want to hold right pedal through out a x country flight. And i reckon you better be quick on the rudder if you elect to go around .

Has anyone else noticed this or is this a one of ! I.e not setup correctly by the factory or assembler? It was really not nice to ease off the right pedal and have the AC break left.

Ps its not uncontrollable at all just unexpected at first.

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've delivered five A32 Vixxens in Australia - all of them flew straight without any rudder trim when thoroughly flight tested before delivery. One owner subsequently reported a tendency to yaw to one side if he removed his feet from the pedals for a while, but nothing about spiral dives or wing drops. I suppose most aircraft will deviate from straight & level if you let go of the controls... Although there is no need for a rudder trim tab on the A32 (assuming it is set up properly), there is an optional kit to self-centre the rudder pedals if you have a need to remove your feet from the pedals. This kit has been supplied to the owner of the aircraft which apparently exhibited the yaw problems and I am now ordering the fitment as standard for Australian delivered A32 aircraft. However, it is not recommended that pilots remove their feet or hands from the controls of any aircraft for more than a few seconds unless a 3-axis autopilot is fitted.

• 1 year later...