Hi everyone!

findan2002

Hello there!

A very recent incidence motivated me to join Recreational Flying: I am a Danish UL-pilot flying ICP Savannah with big "all-terrain" tyres. Good for me and my copilot, the other day during climb in hot weather with max. load I burned a piston (for the 2. time in 4 years) despite a cruiseclimb airspeed of 60-65 kts, and landed safely on a semi-rough unprepared farm grassfield nearby. No damage to the aircraft or to us.

So now I am finished with direct air"cooled" engines.

D-motor is compact and seems rather interesting for it's relative low RPM and direct drive, it does not have those 2 carburettors that don't agree and cause headaches to my fellow UL colleages each time they need adjustments.

My questions are:

Are there any Savannahs somewhere currently flying with the Belgian D-motor, and if so, could anyone tell me if it works well and how it performs?

Is the engine mount similar or in the best case identical to those of, say Rotax or Jabiru?

If not, it should be designed to fit both the Savannah and the engine, perhaps the Belgian factory could help in this respect? Or what would you suggest?

Kind regards