Trip to Nancy and Troyes in France

dppintr

Following our early return from the Czech Republic and Slovakia, we had time left for a long weekend trip after the weather improved. The good weather in France brought us to Nancy and Troyes.

We left on Friday afternoon from Hilversum. We first flew to Doucy in the north of France, where we stayed to first night. On Saturday we flew to Nancy. On Sunday we flew to Troyes, passing the Charles de Gaulle Memorial in Colombey on the way. On Monday we returned to Hilversum.

Nancy

Troyes

A trip report with pictures can be found here

-o-o-

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, you do get around don't you. I think even my wife would take an interest in flying if we could visit such places. Like the photograph of the boat lift.Peter

Thanks Peter. I see you also have been making great trips with the Sonex and your grandson.

Btw, your picture of the Grampians reminded me of a location in Spain.

Peter Anson, Grampians

Location in Spain

This location in Spain was once the setting of a movie. You may recognize it?

-o-o-

The Grampians is a great walking and climbing area and there's plenty of wildlife. It's only about 80 km by 40 km and consists of several ranges running roughly north-south so I guess you could get good lift along the ridges with the prevailing west winds, but most of the range is less than 3000 ft. I would guess that in December there will be plenty of thermal activity up to 7 or 8000 ft. Horsham, where the sailplane GP will be held is just to the north.

Peter