End result to a negative post

flyerme

ok so some years ago on here ( some may recall as they defended me) I had a member post on a thread of mine - the members post was an envious attack on how a pensioner( at the time) could afford his own aeroplane. Before I had chance to reply, other members jumped to my defence:). I also posted as positively as I could a reply.. that member after receiving some retaliation posts from members in my defence was never to be seen on here again! So fast forward 4 years and I meet a group of awesome accepting pilots. And instantly bonded with the admin of the group, we got on extreamly well and happy to call them a friend. Then one night months later I received a live chat message with them -yes you guessed it, they confessed to being the forum member. Appoligy was easily excepted and yes we are still friends :) face to face interaction proving that a few on here aren't what there posts precieve.

Also ide like to mention that I have just realised that 98% of my flying friends were all met on this very forum!!!!! I met" P.A" face to face yesterday when he dropped in on his way past. Great bloke;). I've been lucky enough to meet so many on here. To name a few : Bex(wt? Your not chinise?)my Besty-The Barron,Doug Evens,Pud(past away) nieuport Pete, my one and only wing man Patrick Normoyle, ,Deskpilot, Admittent(past away),Tony Tiffan,sajabflyer,Ian Wells,Helmut,P.A,Major(past away)and many more awesome peeps- the one thing in common with all is they really are great friendly people.

So don't always judge a book by the writings ,as the cover may be completely different for the good.... happy days

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1