Flying Lesson #17 - 2nd Area Solo

• 2 weeks later...
More solo hour building today! Three solo flights in a row now which is good for the confidence. This time I take the Jabiru up the beautiful north coast of Wollongong towards the sea cliff bridge. Great day for flying!

Ah Bruce, a very good instructor!! Where are you flying the Tomahawk?

Very meticulous start up procedure!Quality video work too!

How are you capturing headset input?

How are you displaying data on the video?

Glad you like the video mate!

For audio, I use a Pilot PA80 headset adapter and connect that to a pocket voice recorder. As for displaying data, I capture the GPS using my phone and then use a program call dashware (DashWare - Telemetry Data Overlay on Your Videos) to create the overlay.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great Vid once again Rich. I was in your area in the last few days. I went to YWOL to purchase my first plane, a nice Jabiru LSA-55... The weather was a bit hectic after I got there. It seemed the moment I signed the paperwork, the weather moved in. Thanks to Nev and Bruce helping me out with my flight plan with their local knowledge, I was able to fly her out of YWOL on Sunday and then home yesterday.

You do have a very nice place to be doing your flight training.

Cheers,

Tony

Hey Tony, congrats on the new plane purchase mate! Yeah, its been pretty stormy the last few days. I reckon you got out just in time! Beautiful place hey for flying... except for the wind off the escapement and surrounding hills. Next time your down let me know and we can catch up for a chat.

Hey Tony, congrats on the new plane purchase mate! Yeah, its been pretty stormy the last few days. I reckon you got out just in time! Beautiful place hey for flying... except for the wind off the escapement and surrounding hills. Next time your down let me know and we can catch up for a chat.

Hey, you're on. Yes, it is a very nice place to be flying. I asked Nev to give me a bit of instruction, so we were out doing some circuits and during a full stop on Rwy08 we had to pull up short to stay out of the prop blast of the Constellation warming up its 4 engines, where do you ever see that, anymore?I can tell quite a story about my adventure in Wollongong, and getting back home. Marginal VFR to Cowra, a lot of lowish flying through valleys staying just under the clouds, overnight stay and refuel in Narromine. Relatively good conditions back to Coominya, with storms forecasted soon after my arrival. It's a great plane too, it handled magnificently! I have a new found love and respect for the Jabs.

You must be pretty close to getting your certificate. I must warn you, it just gets more awesome once you get it!