Low-wing fliers hats!

planedriver

Rumor has it that Pilot Shop which always has our interests at heart, may be considering stocking protective- headware for the benefit of those who fly low wing aircraft in Aussie summer conditions, to keep that burning sun at bay.

If popular, a wide range could be available

• The "Sportstar Special". (also available in pink)

or, For The Bonanza set, there's "The Gatsby" to look real cool!

50+ block-out also to be available for the less fashion conscious?

Bad example there Planey. You won't sell many of those to Sportstar pilots, the Sportstar features a 99% UV proof canopy. Under it you don't sunburn at all .

I have to admit I wish my Skylark used the same canopy material. Someone snapped this shot of me on approach into Temora for Warbirds Downunder 2015. Anyone who was there on the really hot Friday will understand my choice of headware. This unfashionable look was achieved with a piece of rag I had in the back of the plane. I had meant to remove this once we enteted the circuit but forgot, then found this unflattering pic on the internet .

image.jpeg.e083f9e4f8f650f2b9b18fcddbf537c5.jpeg

We learn something every day Mick.If you were Irish, the rag would need a knot in each corner.

PS Not seen any of your wonderful r/c models lately.

Funny you say that, I am of Irish decent . When I tell Paddy & Mick jokes I always have be careful to make Paddy the dumb one!

Re the models, still very active just nothing new for show & tell.