G´day!

Guest Biggles flys undone

Hi everyone...

Thanks for the opportunity to come aboard. Looking forward to some interesting reading and maybe some catching up with folks hitherto unknown.

Cheers, Bfu 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Welcome BFU,

Lots of reading and interesting things on here! Have a look at the Resources and Tutorials too as there are lots of gems to be uncovered. Classifieds are free. Pilot shop has some bargains and always competitive prices - the site owner uses the profits to support the site. RecFly is more than just a forum.

Tell us about your flying exploits.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

• Like 1

Welcome BFU,Lots of reading and interesting things on here! Have a look at the Resources and Tutorials too as there are lots of gems to be uncovered. Classifieds are free. Pilot shop has some bargains and always competitive prices - the site owner uses the profits to support the site. RecFly is more than just a forum.

Tell us about your flying exploits.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

Thanks Sue!

I'll come back here shortly... bit busy right now.

Cheers, bfu.

Hi Sue,

further to your welcome note...

Flying stuff:

PPL in Oz in 1975. 18yrs of private flying.

CPL in NZ within that period in 1980. There I was operating a C185-300 doing scenics out of a cow paddock at the base of Mt Tongariro.

Pitts S2 endorsement in 90, the height of my flying "career".

Skydived for a few years in Oz around then, too.

World tripping, so no money... a big break.

In Germany in 2008 I discovered paragliding. Since then, I've been a resident there and earning a living flying passengers over the Black Forest with my tandem paraglider.

For the northern winter, summer here in Oz, I have just bought an X-air Standard. Looking forward to getting out in that in October this year after the German flying season.

Cheers, Bfu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BFU,

Nice to see you have joined Rec Flying.

I was entirely unaware that there was such as thing as a "flying season" in Germany. Is this government mandated or self-imposed by the flying community?

Hi Eighty,

thanks for the welcome...

Sorry for the tardy response.

For me, the "flying season" in Germany is a weather-dependent thing; I hate flying when it is below 0°C. Generally speaking, I mean the northern summer. However, for those who log their flights online to partake in the DHV(governing body of hang- and paragliding in Germany) XC(cross-country) competition, there is indeed a real season; it begins on 16th of September every year and ends on the 15th of September of the following year - that´s a full year. I am not the competitive type...