Recording aircraft audio/video

Hi everyone

I am going to start flying lessons this month, and I thought It'd be a good idea to record them so I can play them back later and see how I did. What's the best way to go about doing this?

Cheers

Hi everyoneI am going to start flying lessons this month, and I thought It'd be a good idea to record them so I can play them back later and see how I did. What's the best way to go about doing this?

Cheers

Easiest way I found was to grab an adapter cable from one of the pilot stores and record it to my phone. It plugs into the headphone socket, and your headphone then plugs into it with a 3.5mm male plug going to the phone, so everything you hear is also recorded. Intercom, radio, EFIS/EMS/AoA warnings, etc.Something like this is what you're after. If you want to video it, one of those adapter cables and a GoPro with a Combo Cable will do you right. The combo cable has a 3.5mm female socket to plug your adapter cable into.

I'm looking to do a similar thing but I want built in cameras to avoid the need to remove them in case of theft. Any ideas folk, thinking in terms of a lipstick camera on/in the fin mainly.