Jabiru Models

Earl Pike

image.jpeg.986ea712b532cef2fa6ec99b7a5bf4a6.jpeg I am the very proud owner of a J 230D, and have been looking to find a model to display.

There are some available,but cost a month's hangarage.

So I down loaded images from the Jabiru website, enlarged them, glued them on to some wood and started carving and sanding. Finished in fridge paint and contact pinstripping, I think it came up a treat.

• Like 19

That looks fantastic, Earl! the I particularly like the plexiglass spinning prop.

And congratulations on your J230D. I own a 2010 J230-SP (Australian kit factory assembled by Jabiru NA), equivalent to the 230C with a large instrument panel in your market. Jabiru NA is now selling the 230D (brought in complete except avionics from etc South Africa --which let them drop the price els20%). Word is the aerodynamic vertical stabilizer revisions on the 230D make it less "rudder-happy" than those with the older flat vertical stabilizer like mine.

I bought my model from FDM a few years ago

from Factory Direct Models. At the time it cost $350US ... half of what a T-hanger like mine rents for in New England!

search?q=Jabiru+J230+model&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS746&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwt7DfsZDUAhUJRyYKHWx9BH0Q_AUICSgB&biw=375&bih=591#hl=en-US&tbm=isch&q=Jabiru+J230+desktop++model&imgrc=-4vILWo1JxR_hM:

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments John.

My model has a wing span of 530 mm, and is made entirely of scrap.

The only cost was the can of appliance enamel, and I must admit that I have a pretty well equiped work shop. I did did look at Factory Direct Models, but the conversion from US dollars to Au dollars was a bit scary for something that the grandkids like to "fly around".

The full size 230D is a pleasure to fly, fast, reliable and predictable, rugged and good to look at.

Take care and fly safe.

Earl

• Agree 1