A new one at Inverell NSW

newairly

Hi to everyone. I have been lurking on this forum for a few months while I did my training. I passed my final flight test today for my pilot certificate. Did my training at Inverell on a Drifter 503.

I have come to Ultralights after 15 years in gliding and a break of 5 years. Not too many Ultralights around here that I know of. I am between Armidale and Inverell.

In the process of buying a Tyro 95.10 single seater which I will initially fly at Inverell and then bring back home.

Phil

Welcome to the site Phil.

We stopped (driving) overnight with friends at Uralla on the way to the Gold Coast back in December. I spent some time telling them about the advantages of RAA flying. They already knew I had/am been assembling a J160 kit forever (almost three years now) and was also involved in gliding for many years at Leeton.

Coming from Leeton (on the edge of fairly flat country), I reckon that anyone who lives at Uralla would really appreciate being able to fly when they want to go somewhere that is more than about a 50 km drive.

Where are you going to eventually operate your AC from.

Regards and enjoy your new skill.

Ross,

I will operate from my property which is 30km west from Armidale. I have room for a 250m strip with good approaches. I am building a simple hanger at the moment. (well not actually now because I am in Sydney)

I did my training at Inverell, 100km drive from home, and will initially fly from there while I get the hang of the new plane.

Phil

Conratulation Phil,

That is a bit of a hike from Uralla to Inverell to learn to fly. But I am sure it was worth it.

Where abouts in Inverell were you learning, the private strip on the Eastern outskirts or the main Airport past Gilgia?

Peter. ( former Inverell resident :))

Good work newairly

I bet it was a big culture shock flying the drifter in comparison to a slippery glider, I bet you like that angle of approach on short final!!!!! Anyhow mate great news and enjoy the Tyro.

Knighty