Airstrip at Wyberba

Does anyone know anything about the airstrip at Wyberba beside the New England Highway with the Bonanza on sticks? Doesn't seem to be in the Qld country airstrips guide.

I don't, but I drive past there regularly. I live in Tenterfield.

And I notice that Qld Transport, or whatever the truckling monitoring mob is called there, have put up a goodly sized fence at the end of the N/S strip. Although someone had the sense to place the sign a bit further back up the road so it wasn't a choice of Fence AND sign.

I also noticed that they have built another "shed" (hangar) over on the East side of that strip.

If it all goes haywire, there are always the Tomato fields across the road, then just to the north on the "Tomato" side there is a fairly good clear patch of level ground. Unfortunately that appears to be owned/occupied by a bunch of Highland Cattle but I don't know how territorial they are ;-)

Does anyone know anything about the airstrip at Wyberba beside the New England Highway with the Bonanza on sticks? Doesn't seem to be in the Qld country airstrips guide.

Some years ago, I spoke to a fellow who has a German name (possibly Dieter), is a medical tech and who flies at Caboolture who told me he owns this runway.