4 Seaters?

Guest extralite

Guest extralite

Just looking around at 4 seater options as got a todler and either i go places alone, or we take 3.

Besides the J400, are there any other 4 seaters to consider? Thanks for anyone who has any ideas...

hi Extralite,

Give the Vans aircraft a good looking at, specifically the Vans RV10 (4 seater). Probably the best kit producers in the world and great back up. 160+knot cross country machine.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/

There is also a small forum of vans aircraft builders on the yahoo website. (200 members or so)

I'm seriously considering the Vans RV12 when it becomes available. (built to LSA requirements)

Regards

Phil

Extralite,

Have you checked out the Australian company http://www.lightwing.com.au/ They build a range of two and four seat aircraft. The aircraft details look fantastic and I not really sure why they don't get more coverage/interest from this forum. I've no idea of the prices or the quality, but the specs and the photos look positive. Perhaps if anyone has dealt with this outfit, they could add their comments. I think they're located in Northern NSW.

Regards, Mathew

Recreational Flying have been offered the rights to the MCR range of aircraft and they have a 4 seater called the 4s which is powered by a Rotax and a 130kt cruise

http://www.dynaero.com/lien/indexuk.htm

Be interested in your thoughts before I sign on the dotted line - they are not a cheap aircraft

Guest extralite

Thanks for the input.

The Vans aircraft aircraft always look great and perform...4 seater might be out of my price range though. Going second hand and around 100k.

Thats where the Jabaru looks the option.

One thought about both the VANS a/c and the Jabaru is they are well known, and so may be easier to trade?

The Storm aircraft looked interesting too..found the website hard to naviagte however...wonder what their pricing is. IS there a point of difference?

I am hoping i might catch up with a/c owners at the Evans Head fly-in on the 28th. I think the variety of aircraft available in the LSA category makes it very exciting.

Guest pelorus32

G'day Extralite,

I'm not clear from your posts so I'll say this anyway:

Four seats is not available in LSA regardless of whether they are VH or RA registered. Four seats is not available in any sort of RA aircraft. The only option that I can see is a kit registered as VH experimental and you with a PPL or better.

For clarity - I mean not legislatively available.

Sorry for labouring the point if this was already part of your knowledge base.

Regards

Mike

Guest extralite

Hi Mike...you were right to point that out..i did end the post with a mention of LSA. License wise is not a problem, i have an ATPL, but love the simplicity of the LSA category. It was really just a comment on how many exciting new Sports Aircraft are around or being developed...my poor terminology.

Jabiru's are good, but for 4 people, you'd need to get a J430, versus the J400. The J400 is more of a 3.5 seater. The J400 does handle the 700kg's well, however the J430 climbs better and takes off a bit shorter. I prefer the J400 for the extra speed due to the shorter wing, but then again I use it mainly as a 2 or 3 seater, not a 4, although I have done so on the odd occasion. In Vic or South NSW the J400 would do, but for the higher temps and thinner air the J430 is the winner.