Concerned about general Pilot Training in the UK

Operated the Air Ground radio station from 0900 to 1700 today ( Sunday 3rd June ) 

We had more than 45 visiting aircraft, and many of our own lot were off out somewhere, plus some practicing circuits.   There were ,no really major incidents ( fortunately )  but I was a little concerned about some of the radio, as well as Approach procedures employed by visitors to our site.  one of these, odd though it may seem, was pilots calling 'Runway Vacated' . . .when they were still visibly half the way along the active strip and still rolling out. 

We had aircraft holding to use the same runway, as well as up to four in the circuit to land. . .and if we had not had someone looking from an elevated position, then we could well have had a problem as the strip in use today (25L) has a downslope for the last 90 metres or so, and this means that the pilot of the aircraft wishing to roll cannot see that the runway is clear before beginning their takeoff run.   Several 'Discussions' were had with visitors about this odd trait.    It makes me wonder how they get on at their base fields. . . . One bloke said that, "What I meant was that I was about to vacate. . . . ." and he was quite annoyed that I'd mentioned it !   I said, "OK mate, let's try this scenario then,. . you call RUNWAY VACATED then have an engine, or undercarriage fail,  tyre puncture,. . and can't vacate without getting out and pushing the bloody thing off the strip ?  You can see that we have a three foot deep grass crop.both sides of the runway. . . . .  then you could have some bloke accelerating up your Ar$e at 60 odd Knots, and your plane is in the way. . .?."   No response,. . .  cheesy grin only.  As a general rule,. . .I DO NOT Bollock other pilots.   . ( NEVER -ON THE RADIO)  But I lost my rag with this particular wanker as he was bang out of order..

Second Gripe.   And more important. . .

Pilots who do not seem able to identify what leg of the circuit that they are currently occupying. . . .  I lost count today, of those who called 'Descending Deadside for 25L'. . .when they were actually descending into the downwind or Base leg. . . . I mean FCS, we have a website Published approach procedure for all Four runways. . . backed up by Videos of each approach for the terminally dim. . .

It got so bad today that I was asked by the CFI to read the riot act On the Radio,  to all approaching aircraft. . . It is supposed to be a site requiring PPR.   Prior Permission to visit. . . this can be made via Phone OR radio.  There are certain NO fly areas that we observe to preserve our existence,, and it seems to me that there are a lot of rather Lazy iPad Driver people out there who do not seem to care.

I hope that you folks don't have these probs. . . . OH. . .and as  rough statistic,. . .it appeared to us that it was the 'well to do' Airplane jockeys with mega expensive aircraft fitted with all manner of juicy avionics that were the worst offenders. . . ( ? )  

Rant over

( I WISH that I was a rich man though. . .)   :-)