YGTH - Griffith Ultralight pilots or students?

Guest awetzel

Guest awetzel

I am just wondering what everyone is up to since the RAA Club/Flying School losts its CFI? The RAA side of things was going great until we lost our CFI. It would be great to still keep the RAA momentum going.

Cheers

Andrew

When I trained at YGTH in the previous few years past the only flying training was done by up to three instructors employed by the Griffith Aero Club which either owned or cross hired private GA and RAAust type aircraft for flying training. The newly apponted GA CFI at the time had just got his full RAAust accreditation so he did all the RAAust instructing mostly for GA pilots who wanted an RAAust Certificate but they could not do the aerobatics that they might have done in their GA aircraft.

Trainees had to join the Aero Club and to sign on and be bound by their rules in relation to flying fees for training and private hire and agreements over possible insurance claims.

I think I was their first RAAust student if not I was certainly the first in the brand new LSA 55 2.2 Jab that I flew there owned by Norm Raworth. I think it had 5 hours on the clock when I did my first flight circuit in it. It had a vacuum pump and a set of instruments to go with it.

Of the three instructors of that time two have gone to airlines and the third left to do some contract aerial work.

I think GA training is continuing with a previous CFI and Norm is going for his full RAAust instructor rating in his LSA Jab.

Regards

CFI's/ Brobenah

GTH,Where have they gone? to airlines? or farming rice?

Used to be a very busy place! Did my NVFR test with Ron Gibbons many years ago!

Had done all my training at Wagga

Brobenah,Flew in the club Kooka many years ago after doing a form 2 maintenance course at Brobenah, Leeton. That was in the mid 80's, have not been in a glider for years, must do it again one day! Great Fun!

Cheers Guy

010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif Jamestown Flyin & Hangar Dinner 19th April, only 376 nm from GTH!

Mildura, Wentworth, Renmark or Waikerie in the middle if you need a stop!

Ben Jones the CFI took up a position with REX a few months ago. Wally Rudin from Narranderra has been doing some training at Griffith in his Jab or you can come over to Temora and fly our Tecnam.

Lindsay

Guest awetzel
When I trained at YGTH in the previous few years past the only flying training was done by up to three instructors employed by the Griffith Aero Club which either owned or cross hired private GA and RAAust type aircraft for flying training. The newly apponted GA CFI at the time had just got his full RAAust accreditation so he did all the RAAust instructing mostly for GA pilots who wanted an RAAust Certificate but they could not do the aerobatics that they might have done in their GA aircraft.Trainees had to join the Aero Club and to sign on and be bound by their rules in relation to flying fees for training and private hire and agreements over possible insurance claims.

I think I was their first RAAust student if not I was certainly the first in the brand new LSA 55 2.2 Jab that I flew there owned by Norm Raworth. I think it had 5 hours on the clock when I did my first flight circuit in it. It had a vacuum pump and a set of instruments to go with it.

Of the three instructors of that time two have gone to airlines and the third left to do some contract aerial work.

I think GA training is continuing with a previous CFI and Norm is going for his full RAAust instructor rating in his LSA Jab.

Regards

There is not a lot happening in the way of training at the moment apart from some RAA under the banner of Wally Rudin from Narranderra via another instructor.

I did my GA to RAA conversion in Norm's LSA Jab. I converted over as GA was too expenisive. I still keep the hand in with Technam. I would love to get into the JAB again, but have not seen Norm around for a while. It would be great if he has his instructor rating.

Guest awetzel
Ben Jones the CFI took up a position with REX a few months ago. Wally Rudin from Narranderra has been doing some training at Griffith in his Jab or you can come over to Temora and fly our Tecnam.Lindsay

What is the Technam hourly rate? I may have to if we loose the one here in Griffith.

Don't worry if you are flying a Technam or not,they are a nice plane but...in my opinion you would be best off flying the worst plane with the best instructor guiding you and Wally Rudin is,in my view one of the very best available.I'm not taking anything away from anybody else,but if you live in that area and want to learn to fly with somebody with bucketloads of experience and ability(and nerves of steel)...see Wally!

Good one Guy.That is unfortunately not my strip,it is YFBS.The aircraft behind me is a Karasport with a 582.It originally had more of an open air cockpit but has now been enclosed fully.Very good performer with 65hp and only one seat.