Hey Folks!

Retired Grunt (1995) living in the sweet home State of Alabama. Got my PPL in 1997 but most of my flying has been in the pattern and maybe 20 to 30 miles from airport. Thought about building a RV7 but after building tail feathers, my civilian employer decided to shut down here. So now i have plenty of time on my hands but scarce money. I like to work with sheet metal though i consider myself a novice builder. Yesterday, i was looking at ultralights and happened upon Hummel bird. All metal aircraft and sounds like something to occupy my time while not bankrupting me. Anyone out there in process of building or have already built one? If so, I would be interested in hearing from you. [email protected]. BTW. My name is John. Ya'll take care now.

Hiya John. . . .

I think ( ? ) that there are a couple of Hummelbirds on the UK register,. . but I have no idea where they are located,. . you could try looking on the CAA website G-INFO. . . and just type in the name Hummelbird in the type field, and you might get some info. The thing with that site is that it gives you the name and address of the owner(S) too. . . so you can contact them directly and ask your questions. . . Otherwise, the Other Homebuild site is the Light Aircrafft Assocition ( LAA ) on their website, you might be able to glean some info Buddy.

Good luck and best wishes with your project Sir. . . OH,. . .and WE ALL TAKE A LOT OF CARE JOHN. . . .( ! )

Phil.