Greetings from Canada

John Charles

I flew with Chieftain Aviation back in the early '80's. Had an absolutely marvelous instructor named Marc who has gone on to be one of QANTAS's finest captains on the A-330. I continue to fly in Canada and yesterday, aboard a WestJet flight from YYT to YYZ, the Operating Captain was from Oz! At the end of the flight, he and I had an opportunity to share some common interests, including the fact that we had both trained at Bankstown. "What are you doing in Canada?" I asked. "I married a Newfie" was the response. Just to clarify for my Australian friends who may not know the term "Newfie", it refers to those who come from our eastern most province -- Newfoundland. So, Capt. Nathan from Oz who has given up his dream of flying "QF" and has replaced it with "WS", welcome to Canada!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

G'day John! I'm a Canadian now living in Oz. I got my initial flying training done in the 1970's as an air cadet at Penhold, Alberta (both gliding & private pilot). Then in 1980 I moved to Melbourne where life and career took over from flying. I took up recreational flying again upon retirement in 2012 and have enjoyed all sorts of outback flying since that time.

Welcome to the Recreational Flying forum - happy & safe flying!