Just Landed

Guest Kevin Mcintosh

Guest Kevin Mcintosh

Hi All

My name is Kevin McIntosh & I am building a Super Diamond.I bought the first kit from Gary.I did a few hours under instruction (some of my earliest hours) with Gary when I was living in Sydney.Gary has been a great help & support for me.Every time I talk to him I learn something new & special.I,ve since met a few people like him & am always keen to draw upon the wisdom & knowledge of those who have been involved in aviation for a long time.Since buying my Diamond I have had three moves,including packing up & setting up my workshop & semi built plane.I started the build in Sydney but now reside in George Town Tasmania & am currently continuing instruction under Eugene Reid who owns & runs Freedom Flight with his wife Theresa.Eugene has over 12,000 hrs experience & John Morley about the same,needless to say I am learning a lot from these guys.We have a 1000M sealed strip & two grass cross strips here at George Town.Flying here is a dream come true,however we regularly have to contend with strong winds,so you get a lot of experience in awkward conditions here.We fly a Jabiru 160.I,m building my plane in a two car garage come workshop at the house I,m renting,just 5 mins from the airfield so the project is really coming along now.I have purchased a 2.2L Jab for my Diamond & will post some photos over the next few days.

Cheers

Kevin.

good stuff mate...make sure and keep us posted on the progress of the diamond..Theres lots of knowlage and experiance kickin around on this forum, all these guys have helped me no end..

How do ya handle the jab in the windy stuff, she's a bit of a ratbag hey..awell, makes for good skill building i spose..

cheers

Guest Kevin Mcintosh

Personally I enjoy flying in the wind-it makes you work.I have only flown an aeroplane once on a perfectly still day & that was when I was flyin Gary,s 1st Cheetah out of The Oaks near Camden,with Gary beside me.Lets face it,Tasmania is beautiful but windy most of the time so I want to be fully conversant with crosswind landings.I know there will be plenty of flights started in good conditions only to return to George Town & its wind.The locals here call Low Head "Low Blow Head" with good reason.I find the Jab a very pleasant plane in all conditions with no nasty habits.My 1st 7 hrs were flown in a Lightwing so I find the Jab quite easy to control,especially on the ground.